Today we have a guest post from Jason who blogs over at MyMoneyChronicles.com. Jason makes a decent amount of money each month selling items online and even flips items to sell on sites like Ebay, Poshmark, and the Facebook Marketplace. If you’re looking to earn some extra money selling items online, consider doing a little less browsing on Facebook and spend more time listing your items on the marketplace. Enjoy this post!
There are more than two billion active Facebook accounts in use. That’s a massive social network that you could use to help your small business grow and thrive. If you’re unfamiliar with Facebook’s Marketplace service, you are missing out on some potential money.
If you’ve been wondering how to sell on Facebook Marketplace, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explore what this service is, how it works, and why it might be beneficial to utilize it. We’ll also take you through a step-by-step process of how to sell goods on the Marketplace.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Before you can begin selling on the Facebook Marketplace, you’ll need to understand what it is and how it works. First, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with Facebook if you haven’t already done so.
If you’re reading this article, nine times out of ten, you have a Facebook profile. This means that you can skip ahead a little and begin exploring the ins and outs of Facebook’s Marketplace service.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is one of the largest and most successful social networking websites and services. It is available in nearly every country in the world, though some governments have banned its usage (including the government of China).
Still, the average human adult with internet access either currently has a Facebook account, or has had one in the past. This social networking application is available as a smartphone app or a website. It has several related applications, including Facebook Messenger for rapid instant messaging, video messaging, and voice calling services.
Facebook Marketplace is another related service that Facebook offers. Instead of offering users the chance to talk and text, this particular application allows Facebook users to list items for sale, receive payment virtually, and keep track of sales records.
How Does Marketplace Work?
Marketplace works by using your Facebook account to advertise goods and items to those in your area. You can access Facebook’s Marketplace service and browse goods as a shopper, or you could list items as a seller.
The Marketplace service is entirely free to use and requires zero extra sign-up once you have a Facebook account. You could list items for specific groups (such as family, friends, or coworkers) or allow them to be publicly available and viewable. Sellers are also allowed to upload item pictures, set prices, and determine available payment methods.
Shoppers purchasing items via Facebook Marketplace can choose to pay via debit card, credit card, or a PayPal account. Almost all types of items and goods are available on Marketplace, though illegal services and merchandise are prohibited.
Because Facebook Marketplace is an accessible online shopping platform, it poses several potential benefits to both consumers and vendors. In general, those who rely on this service for their online commerce needs could:
- Do all of their shopping and selling in one convenient place
- Access a much wider audience than other services allow for
- Grow their client base more quickly and effectively
- Save money on listing commissions or sign-up fees
Still, one of the most attractive features of Facebook Marketplace is its ease of use. Unlike some other online shopping platforms, Marketplace remains one of the most user-friendly options. Searching for items is just as simple as listing them.
How Do I Sell Goods on Facebook Marketplace?
Selling goods via Marketplace is a relatively straightforward process. Before you can begin to list for-sale items, you’ll need to register for an account. If you already have a Facebook account, you won’t need to create a new profile to access Facebook Marketplace.
To sell various legal goods and items on Marketplace, you’ll want to visit the Marketplace site and:
- Log in to your account. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you’ll need to create one. The entire process should only take you about five minutes.
- Click on “+ Create New Listing”.
- Choose the listing type. You will be presented with three selling options. You could choose to list a specific item, a vehicle, or a home.
- Add photos and product info. After choosing the listing type, you’ll need to fill out the necessary information and upload a product photo. You’ll indicate price, category, and details during this step.
- Choose a delivery method. Specify the type of delivery you prefer. Should buyers visit your home to pick up the sold goods, or are you willing to deliver? Be sure to consider your preferences and safety before selecting a delivery method.
- Share your listing. You’ll now have the opportunity to share your listing with other Facebook users. You could make your listing public and viewable by all, or you could choose to make your sale more private. You can also share your listing with specific groups you may belong to.
- Wait for responses and allow notifications. Verify that the information you’ve written is correct and wait for responses. If you allow Facebook to send you notifications on your smartphone or browser, you may be able to reply to responses more quickly.
- Repeat as necessary to list multiple items. If you’re selling many different types of goods, you’ll need to repeat the above steps for each item.
By following the above steps, you can ensure that hundreds or even thousands of potential buyers see your for-sale items. As you can see, it’s easy and simple to start selling on Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook’s Marketplace service could be the answer to your online commerce woes. With a straightforward, easy-to-use interface and a massive potential audience of buyers, it’s a challenge to find a more accessible or effective option. If you don’t already have a Facebook account, setting one up only takes a few minutes.
While the Marketplace can be a bit tedious when listing dozens or hundreds of items, its payment options are competitive and worthy of some consideration. Selling goods on the Marketplace service could be an excellent way to grow your small business’s audience and attract new customers. It’s one of my top platforms when it comes to selling items online.
If you’ve been looking for a simple answer to your virtual commerce needs, Facebook Marketplace is worth a shot. You’ll never know how useful this service could be until you give it a try. And with zero sign-up costs, anyone can get started.
What are you waiting for? Find out what Facebook Marketplace can do for you and your business today!
Stop Worrying About Money and Regain Control
Ready to regain control of your money? Take the first step with this free starter pack which includes:
- 2 Monthly Bill Calendar templates
- 1 ‘Start Paying Off Your Debt’ Checklist
- 1 ‘Drastically Cut Your Expenses’ Checklist