Our solid streak of blog views continued in July as we came within 11 of our all time high! It’s the second time we crossed 1,000 views with a big boost from our #FIRE visualization post being highlighted by Personal Finance Blogs @pfinanceblogs. That got us off to a fast start and then we continued to crank out 30 to 40 views a day for the rest of the month.
Twitter on the other hand was a little bit of a disaster this month. My lowest new followers in years and in general a lack of engagement on my part. So the goal this month is to bounce back there.
We’ve already reached our 2019 total views with 5 months to go, so it’s great to continue to see the year over year growth!
Blog Traffic Overview
Blog Traffic Highlights:
- In total we had 1134 views for the month. We are now up 66% over last year through the first 7 months of the year. This keeps accelerating which is great to see!
- Visitors also were just off of our record high at 778.
- Six months in a row above 750!
- Google Searches continued to be strong at over 600 for the month and only 10 from twitter.
- Shipt will continue to drive around half of our views. The homepage was strong at over 100 last month.
- Still not getting many comments, except spam. Trying to figure out how to get rid of that. 🙂
Most Viewed Articles in June
Twitter was a little embarrassing last month as I just really didn’t have time to focus on it. Minimum tweets, no engagement, which leads to no new followers.
- Really bad at tweets this month with only 8… Good to see the views hold up without it.
- Top tweet was highlighting our May update
Hopefully new bloggers find this helpful to see the actual journey of a small blog just trying to get bigger!