I hit a little writers block in June as life seemed to get in the way a little bit and motivation was lost. The good news is that the blog has built a base now to continue on during those times. I’ll write a future post on how I’m looking to get out of the funk and back on track as we enter our final year of working. In total our views crossed the 800 mark for the third month in a row and YTD views are up over 50%.
The Shipt articles helped to carry the load in the down month with almost half of the total views.
Just as you get a little demotivated though someone shares one of your blog posts on their website and traffic jumps again. We’ve already had over 200 views in the first few days of July with someone willing to share our #FIRE visualization post. So let’s get back at it!
Blog Traffic Overview
Blog Traffic Highlights:
- In total we had 814 views for the month. We are now up 53% over last year through the first 6 months of the year.
- Visitors fell off slightly vs. the month before at just over 600
- Five months in a row above 750!
- Google Searches continued to be strong at over 500 for the month and a little over 25 from twitter. I still think although the direct links from twitter are low I have noticed that more tweets drive more views. As you will see below I slacked on that a little bit this month.
- Obviously the Shipt articles drive a lot, I will also start to watch home page views which were at 76 last month.
- Still not getting many comments. 🙂
Most Viewed Articles in June
It’s like clockwork each month. We add right around 25 twitter followers every month as we crossed the 750 mark for the month.
- Really bad at tweets this month with only 8… Good to see the views hold up without it.
- Top tweet was highlighting our May update
The base has been built as we continue to steadily climb and maintain our views each month. Time to get back on track as we enter the stretch run of the final year!