So the secret is out, you can make good money by searching and pinning on Pinterest feeds for other people. In fact, there’s an entire digital course dedicated to helping you learn how to do this.
Become a Pinterest VA Today! was created by Kristin Larsen and Gina Horkey who are two of the most successful virtual assistants I’ve ever come across.
Kristin was one of my first online friends and we initially connected two years ago when she started helping me create attractive Pinterest-friendly images for my blog. As a new blogger, I was super overwhelmed and just wanted to write great content.
Kristin loves Pinterest marketing and she was super good at it so she used her skills to help me build my blog’s traffic with Pinterest. Fast forward to today, she and Gina Horkey (who I also really admire) partnered up and created this awesome course to teach people how to become a Pinterest VA and earn a part or full-time income from this flexible and fun line of online work.
I’ve heard nothing but amazing things about this course each time it’s rolled out and this year, I even hired a former student to help manage my blog’s Pinterest account. Lindsey has truly exceeded my expectations (so run over to her site and hire her if you need Pinterest help! 🙂 ) and I was so thankful she allowed me to interview her about her experience with taking the Become a Pinterest VA Today! course.
Hope you love the interview as much as I did!
What made you decide to become a Pinterest VA? How did you find the course?
I had already taken Gina’s course “30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success” and gained a wealth of knowledge from it. Gina was very hands-on with the course and was always so fast and so helpful when answering questions.
So, when I found out she was offering a Pinterest VA class, I jumped on it. I love Pinterest and I knew that the quality of the course would be excellent because I was already familiar with Gina.
Did you have any doubts or fears before taking the course? If so, what were they?
I honestly did not have any doubts.
What was the most valuable takeaway from the course? Or can you rank your top 3?
For me, figuring out how to set up packages was the hardest part when I first started my VA business. This course clearly shows you how to price and package your Pinterest VA services. This was so valuable to me because I had already struggled with it when I was just starting out.
How long after taking the course did it take you to find work?
Within 2 weeks after finishing the course, I landed not one, but two clients back to back.
When did you earn back your investment from the course with Pinterest Va work?
I earned my investment back after getting my first Pinterest VA client.
Would you mind disclosing how much you earn a month on average now from Pinterest VA work?
I work part-time and I average about $1,200 per month. That includes both monthly clients and one time projects I complete, like Pinterest audits.
In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of Pinterest VA work?
Searching Pinterest is a pro! I get paid to search Pinterest on a daily basis and I love it. I also enjoy meeting new clients and the relationships I form with them.
My least favorite part is pitching. I think this is something a lot of people struggle with though. For me personally, pitching takes putting yourself out there and possibly being rejected. My advice is to do it anyway! I can honestly say it has gotten easier the more I do it.
How has your work schedule changed if at all?
My work schedule is pretty flexible, which is wonderful. For example, we went to Disney World this last summer and I did my Pinterest work at night after we were done for the day.
It doesn’t affect my family life – if anything, it helps improve it! With the few exceptions like a vacation, I work during the day when my kids are at school. I occasionally work with the kids are in bed, but honestly, this is not my most focused time so this is usually only when I am needing to meet a deadline. I do not work on the weekends. This is reserved for family time.
What types of people do you think would do well with this course and see the best results?
I honestly think this career is suitable for a variety of people. I would say the three most important qualities to have are being organized, being an effective communicator, and a willingness to learn new things.
To keep track of both monthly clients and one-time projects, you have to be organized. Otherwise, you won’t know who’s project to work on and when.
You have to be an effective communicator to manage client expectations. Pinterest is a slow burn so to speak and clients may want to know why they aren’t seeing results as fast as they think they should be. You have to be able to communicate how Pinterest works and set expectations up from the beginning.
Lastly, you have to be willing to learn new things. Like all platforms, Pinterest changes from time to time, which means you have to stay up to date on those changes to be effective for your clients.
What would you say to someone who’s on the fence about becoming a Pinterest VA?
I would say make sure you love being on Pinterest first and foremost. Don’t pursue this career because you think it is the next big service to offer. Your clients will be able to tell your heart isn’t in it.
Gina and Kristin are some of the nicest people you will ever meet! They go above and beyond for their students. Case in point: I was needing help with some analytics and Kristin jumped on a Skype call with me the same day I emailed her for help. Who does that?! Kristin and Gina do! I have been amazed at how they freely give advice to their students as well as cheer you on. To me, that is invaluable.
Hopefully, you had some great takeaways from this interview and it inspired you to explore the idea of earning money doing flexible online work you actually enjoy. Become a Pinterest VA is such a value-packed course intended to help you get results quickly.
Here’s what the course includes:
- 5 comprehensive video modules:
- (1)Understanding the Pinterest Virtual Assistant Role
- (2)Establishing Your Pinterest Virtual Assistant Practice
- (3)Finding Pinterest Virtual Assistant Clients
- (4)Working with Pinterest Virtual Assistant Clients
- (5)Expanding Your Pinterest Virtual Assistant Practice
- Actionable companion workbooks and templates
- 15+ technical training videos
- Pinterest scheduling spreadsheet
- Promoted Pins Training ($199 value)
- Client Monthly Analytics Report and Template ($99 value)
- Client Onboarding Workbook ($99 value)
- Accelerator Companion Program ($299 value)
- Tailwind pinning calendar and 60 days of Tailwind service for free
- Q&A recordings with previous students
- Private Facebook group access
- Lifetime access and FREE material updates
- 7-day refund policy if not satisfied with your purchase!
What you’ll learn:
- Who needs a Pinterest VA (and what one is!)
- Pinterest technical training
- Pin requirements and best practices
- What tools you should use (and who should pay for them)
- How to establish a web presence and showcase your expertise
- What services to offer and how much to charge (including real-life examples from a Pinterest biz)
- Where to look for clients how to pitch them (with templates!)
- How to interview onboard new clients
- Invoicing and contract tips and tricks
- How to read analytics and client reporting
Whether you’re now eager to learn how to become a Pinterest VA or are just playing with the idea, I’d encourage you to sign up for Become a Pinterest VA Today because what do you have to lose? (Nothing really, because the course has a 7-day money back guarantee.)
More importantly, what do you have to GAIN?
- An exciting business opportunity this year?
- Extra income for your family?
- A new career that you absolutely LOVE?
- More time to spend with your kids?
- Work that you can do from anywhere – on your terms and schedule?
- Sweet new Pinterest skills?
- Increased confidence in yourself and your VA biz?
Have you ever thought about becoming a Pinterest VA or do you know someone who would make a great fit?
P.S. – I created a new Facebook community for My Debt Epiphany readers so we can discuss all things money and personal development on a more personal level. Click here to join the group and I’ll approve your request ASAP!
Stop Worrying About Money and Regain Control
Ready to regain control of your money? Take the first step with this free starter pack which includes:
- 2 Monthly Bill Calendar templates
- 1 ‘Start Paying Off Your Debt’ Checklist
- 1 ‘Drastically Cut Your Expenses’ Checklist